Monday, July 21, 2008

Reflections on the Fourth 21st Century China Symposium

Well, there is always a lag between what actually happens and how you plan it. However, the most amazing part of this whole larger and growing community is how some people tend to arrive by "accident." On Saturday, I spent time with a friend and his wife who happens to be in the Parliament of New Zealand just before the symposium began. Afterwards, I ran into several people who did not attend the symposium but had a lot on their minds about China. The same thing happens nearly every day in my world. It is a subject whose time has come, or perhaps, is long overdue in the American psyche. Surely we realize how important this mission is.

Be sure to stay tuned, because I will post the symposium topics and discussion threads with links here soon. Right now, I am taking a break for a few days. Sand, surf, and other things are occupying my thoughts. I hope everyone understands. Hoku and I are looking for a temporary vacation retreat, if you know of one, for a little while before heading out to Oahu and Beijing for the Olympics.
Mahalo,

Don

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates